Source of Featured Image of Chantelle Baxter:
Dear Pain Matters readers,
You may remember reading about Chantelle Baxter, co-founder of ‘One Girl’, in a previous blog post:
The great news is that Chantelle has finally started to recover from CRPS following a 15-week treatment program recently completed at The Neurologic Relief Center, Arkansas, USA (headed by Dr. Katinka van der Merwe; links below).
While she looks forward to a full recovery from CRPS, Chantelle’s progress so far is nothing short of amazing! None of this would have been possible without her own Guardian Angel, Dr Katinka van der Merwe! I am very happy for Chantelle!!
Chantelle’s Own Guardian Angel, Dr Katinka van der Merwe
Growing up in South Africa in a chiropractic family and earning a Doctor of Chiropractic degree at the Parker College of Chiropractic, South Africa, in 1999, Dr van der Merwe DC QNP specializes in the treatment of chronic pain. Her non-invasive approach focuses on rebalancing the autonomic nervous system, with particular emphasis on the vagus nerve. Dr van der Merwe and her dedicated team have treatment expertise in:
- Functional medicine and neurology;
- Neurologic Relief Centers Technique (NRCT);
- Quantum Neurology;
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent (see Sunday’s CRPS Story, below, that includes a discussion of this treatment);
- Neurological/nerve rehabilitation;
- Bioenergetics synchronization technique;
- Biologic medicine; and
Alexis’ Own Guardian Angel, Dr Katinka van der Merwe
Chantelle is not the only ‘Happy Camper’ after being cared for by Dr Katinka at The Neurologic Relief Center.
Alexis (18) has full-body CRPS that started in her left knee about a year ago. Alexis received regular Ketamine treatment (1,200 mg) for her painful CRPS that persisted 24/7. Ketamine helped bring her pain rating down from +’ to ‘4’, albeit with many of the adverse effects of Ketamine.
Recently, Alexis also received treatment from Dr Katinka and her team. With treatments including Ketamine and ‘Neuromuscular Re-Education’ (the latter done by Dr Katinka), Alexis’ pain rating dropped to ‘0’ for a week (thereafter, ‘2’).
Shortly before this interview was done, Alexis’ pain rating was ‘0’ (NIL. ZILCH! NADA!!)! And this occurred after only 4 ‘Neuromuscular Re-Education’ treatments!
For more details, please see this YouTube dated 4 June 2017 called ‘AlexisCRPS 1 1’:
Dr Katinka, all I can say is ‘Wow! Congratulations for doing such a great job!!’
Some Other Amazing CRPS Patients Successfully Treated By Dr Katinka van der Merwe At The Neurologic Relief Center
(1) Barbara Wall’s CRPS Story – http://rsds.org/journey-back-health-rsd/
(2) Jennifer’s CRPS Story – Part 2/2 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLkqMzLv9Xw
Part 1/2 of Jennifer’s Story is in References. NB Both YouTubes on Jennifer include some treatment details.
(3A) Sunday’s CRPS Story –
(NB This YouTube includes a discussion of Frequency Specific Microcurrent.)
(4) David’s CRPS Story – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWIaMBhcvA0&sns=em
NB This YouTube includes the patient’s description of Dr Katinka’s gentle hands-on treatment around the upper neck/below head region to activate his vagus nerve. This targeted and non-invasive treatment to re-balance his autonomic nervous system during the first week of treatment led to rapid and COMPLETE pain relief for David.
(5) Debbie’s CRPS Story – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgG6RfcrRY
(6) Kristin’s CRPS Story – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltc8fUKhmZM
(7) Madi’s CRPS Story – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVqSGHwmf-E
(8) Scott’s CRPS Story – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p1dOOHDuio
(9) Brock’s CRPS Story – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU7ggYcdJO4
(10) Billi’s CRPS Story – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMSqe_aXk0
(11) Carlos’ CRPS Story – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYE0aW1cTh8
(12) Brenda’s CRPS Story –
For Dr van der Merwe’s insights into CRPS, please click:
The Myth of a Cure for CRPS (11 October 2016)
Putting Out the Fire: A Brand New Approach to Treating RSD/CRPS (12 April 12 2016)
The following is a fantastic YouTube called ‘What Do We Do?’ that explains Dr Katinka’s non-invasive treatments for CRPS (and fibromyalgia):
To help CRPS patients further, Dr. Katinka van der Merwe also wrote a book called ‘Putting Out The Fire – New Hope For RSD/CRPS’ (available in Amazon; links below).
I am soooo happy for Chantelle, Alexis and all the other CRPS patients successfully treated by Dr Katinka van der Merwe! The list of Dr Katinka’s very happy CRPS patients just keeps growing and growing!!
Dr Katinka has literally given the lives back to the aforementioned, and many other, CRPS patients!
Sabina Walker, Blogger
Pain Matters (in WordPress)
(1A) Dr. Katinka van der Merwe. Putting Out The Fire – New Hope For RSD/CRPS (24 October 2016); 288 pages.
(1B) Dr van der Merwe. Putting Out The Fire (a 4-minute YouTube)
(1C) Dr Katinka’s website
(2) The Neurologic Relief Center, Arkansas, USA (headed by Dr. Katinka van der Merwe)
Neurologic Relief Centers Technique (NRCT)
(3) Additional YouTubes of CRPS Patients Successfully Treated By Dr Katinka van der Merwe At The Neurologic Relief Center
(3A) Jennifer’s CRPS Story (Part 1/2; Part 2/2 is incorporated in this Blog Post, above.)